Wednesday 2 April 2014

Past Continuous Tense

Patterns :
(+) S + was/were + V(ing) + O
     Were = He, She, It
     Was = They, We, I, You

(-) S + was/were + not + V(ing) + O
    Ex : - I was not doing my homework at 7 p.m last night
- Shinta and Adi were not discussing a problem when i came

(?) Was/were + S + V(ing) + O
Ex : - Were you doing your homework at 7 p.m last night?
- Were Shinta and Adi discussing a problem when your came?

You can use the Past Continous


1. You say that someone was in the middle of doing something at certain time.
Ex : - What were you doing at 10 last night?

2. To say the something happened as something else was going on. You use the past continuous tense for the longer event which started before the shother event. For the shother event, you use the simple past tense
Ex : - I was cooking dinner when you phone me
- You were playing tennis when i came

Ingat!!!
While = Past Continuous Tense
When = Past Tense

No comments:

Post a Comment